1. Wash the carrot and zucchini and cut them into fine strips.
2. Cut the onion and pepper into fine cubes.
3. Put all the vegetables in a pan and sauté them with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season to taste with the spices and then let the filling cool.
4. Mix flour, baking powder, 1 egg, salt, butter and 4 tablespoons of water in a mixing bowl and knead the dough for about 5 minutes with a dough hook until smooth.
5. Cover the dough and let it rest at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 200°C (convection oven: 180°C).
7. Roll out the dough thinly on a floured work surface and cut out circles. Separate the egg and brush the outer edges of the circles with the egg white.
8. Put 1 heaped teaspoon of vegetable filling in the center of each circle, fold the circles in the middle, and press the edges down. To form the typical braided edge, you can repeatedly pull the dough along the edge with your thumb and forefinger and fold it in towards the center.
9. Place the empanadas on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush them with a mixture of egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of cream.
10. Bake the empanadas for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and serve lukewarm.