1. Cook the rice for 5 minutes. Then rinse it and let it cool.
2. Wash the peppers, remove the caps and seeds, and scrape them out with a spoon.
3. Chop the onion and fry it in oil.
4. Now mix the onions in a large bowl with the meat, rice, and a pinch each of salt, pepper and paprika.
5. Fill the peppers with this mixture and form small balls from the leftovers.
6. Put the stuffed peppers and the meatballs in a deep pot and fill it with tomato juice and water so that everything is covered.
7. Let is simmer for about 45 minutes until the rice and meat are cooked.
8. Serve the Töltött peppers with a dollop of crème fraîche.
If you prefer the vegetarian version, you can use vegan mince or a vegetable (& feta) mixture instead of the minced meat.