Did you ever try baked black bananas? They are super yummy, especially with this delicious passion fruit sauce. Taste it yourself!
1. Squeeze the orange. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Cut the passion fruits in half and scrape out the pulp and seeds with a spoon. Place pulp and seeds in a saucepan together with the orange juice and sugar. Bring to a boil while stirring, then remove from heat.
2. Place the bananas in their peel side by side on a baking sheet. Bake them in a hot oven on the second rack from the bottom for 8-12 minutes – depending on how ripe they are – until the peels become completely black.
3. Remove the black, hot bananas from the oven with oven mitts :). To serve, carefully place one banana at a time on a dessert plate and slice lengthwise with a sharp knife, then pull the skin apart slightly.
4. Drizzle the flesh of each banana with a little passion fruit sauce and top it with one scoop of ice cream. Alternatively, you can also use vegan ice cream, which has less impact on your carbon footprint than dairy ice cream.
* These are approximate values, which may vary. The values refer only to the ingredients, not to the method of preparation.
** Because we offset the unavoidable CO2 emissions of our bananas, your consumption does not add to your personal carbon footprint.