1. Wash, dry and peel the clementines. Keep the peel.
2. Place the fruit without seeds in a stainless steel pot. Roughly chop the peel of all citrus fruits (except the lemons) and add them to the pot. Now add the sugar and water and bring it all to a boil while stirring frequently.
3. In the meantime, peel the lemons. Squeeze out the juice and add the peel and juice to the pot as well as the cinnamon sticks.
4. Remove the pot from the heat, cover it and let it stand overnight at room temperature.
5. Bring the mixture back to a boil the next day, then simmer it uncovered at low heat for one hour. Afterwards simmer at medium heat for 20 more minutes and stir it frequently. Skim off any foam, if necessary.
6. To test if the jam is ready, place a small amount on a plate and put it briefly in the fridge until the mixture has cooled down. The jam is ready when the golden-orange consistency is firm. If the jam is too liquid, continue to boil. If the consistency is too firm, just add a little water.
7. Put the jam into clean and hot preserving jars and enjoy it after it’s cooled down.
* These are approximate values, which may vary. The values refer only to the ingredients, not to the method of preparation.
** The peel should be suitable for consumption.